Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Some news ..

"Doctor Jen" (Kearsley - my PCP) called. She says that even though my liver enzyme levels are better (1184 down to 352) -- they are pretty high (32-110 is normal) and believes rushing back to work would be a mistake especially since my symptoms continue: profound fatigue, itching, nausea, vomiting, fuzzy brain -- I've even had a difficult time keeping my thoughts together to do the blog. I've also been confused over whether I've just taken meds or not. I now have a check list for it. I'm sad to report that I am having a lot more bad days than good lately.

"Doctor Jen" wants to see me again on Friday, January 25, 2008 to assess how I am doing. I will be keeping a journal (it may even be here). She also reminded me that the disease is not curable but generally not terminal. :-)

I am very happy with the modifications made to my meds: No more blood thinners - Coumadin and Digoxin. These are hard on the liver but were needed with my AFIB. Ta ta to the Anti-Coag clinic visits. I will continue with Metropolol (for the AFIB), Ursodiol (for the PBC and AIH), and the Lexapro (for the depression). My vitamin and mineral levels are all good now. I am experimenting in being gluten-free.

Russ and I are going to try making the monthly PBC support meetings in Portland at Old Wives Tales.

Well ... I am missing everyone very much! Thank you for your concern, love and support!!

All my best this holiday season!!!
Robert

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robb, I'm thinking about you. I would love to come visit you sometime soon. Say hi to Russ for me! Give me a call.
Joey